Argex Titanium Inc. has transformed from a mining and exploration company to a near-term producer of titanium dioxide (TiO2) and other valuable by-products by developing an advanced proprietary chemical process. Argex’s process provides a significant cost and environmental advantage over current TiO2 production methods.
With a primary goal of advancing rapidly towards production, Argex Titanium has adopted a simple strategy for the scale-up of its proprietary process that allows it to produce high purity TiO2.
The shares of Argex Titanium trade under the stock symbol RGX on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Proprietary Extraction Process
- Our proprietary extraction process for pigment grade TiO2 production allows us to capture the entire supply chain in one process. We uniquely convert low cost ilmenite into high purity TiO2 that meets the exacting requirements of the paint and coatings industry. Our low cost/high purity process provides a new and cost competitive source of high quality TiO2 for our customers.
Economic Growth Potential
- The Global Pigments Market was estimated at $23 billion and is expected to grow to US$31.98 billion by 2023 *(source Transparency Market Research 2016).
- TiO2 pricing is currently averaging $3,400 US/tonne* (*source ICIS April 2014).
Developing Industry Relationships
- On June 27, 2013, Argex and PPG entered into a long-term supply agreement, which replaces the collaboration agreement signed by the two parties that was announced in April 2012. Continuing our collaboration with PPG forms part of our strategy to build a strong company and deliver value to our shareholders over the long-term.
- On August 26, 2014, Argex and Helm U.S. Corp. announced that they have entered into an exclusive long-term marketing and supply agreement for the distribution of Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) in the US and Canada.
- We continue to develop collaborative partnerships in major sectors allowing us to accelerate and de-risk the learning curve with our growth.